Our top tier product formulation, stability testing and safety testing provide a strong base for private label products. We carry all relevant accreditations required in product design for the industry we serve and have an established and extensive range of design and products (and innovations) in the marketplace.
Le-Sel Research’s New Product Development team provide a professional creative service to clients in the retail and private label industry. Uniquely offering a full turn-key service from concept and design through to sourcing and completion.
This team at Le-Sel Research focuses on the retail and private label industry in South Africa. Its dynamic team conceptualise, create and develop products in the toiletry and household categories.
The design lab’s goal is to have a complete library of packaging solutions, inclusive of International examples, available in South Africa with a fully comprehensive gifting gallery, thereby making development of promotional items and gifts a walk in the park!
What we do:
- Development of creative concept in line with specific briefs or trends in the industry.
- Presentation of concepts available with story boards and mock-ups.
- Identification of gaps in the market and creation of product solution to optimise opportunity.
- Extension of product life cycle through innovation.
- Development of kitting and gifting within the product category or brand with incorporation of meaningful outer packaging and accessories. The team will come up with a creative concept in line with specific briefs, or trends in the industry. They will then source and develop packaging, design, artwork and copy in line with the concept with a unique slant.
- Design of corporate identity (ie. Logo design).
- Artwork concept for finished product.
- Full and final artwork for finished product.
- Merchandising material inclusive of banners, posters, shelf talkers and trade presentations.
Packaging sourcing Options
- Sourcing of suitable packaging as per brief/requirement including worksmap. This is inclusive of fill weight tests based on the Le-Sel Design Lab Formula agreed on. Should Le-Sel Design Lab not develop the formula, the client is required to provide suitable formula samples in order to ascertain correct fill weight.
- Travel testing (inclusive of report). Travel testing requires final primary and secondary packaging as well as correct shipper/outer sizing.
- Compatibility and leak testing (inclusive of report).
How we do it:
- On-site graphic designers to execute from concept to final printed artwork.
- Packaging technologist to source packaging and take it through all the tests required to ensure quality every time! Inclusive of travel tests, leak tests and compatibility testing.
- Dedicated project manager to manage the critical path schedule to ensure timely launch.
- Liaising with suppliers including online approvals and pre-production samples.
- Administrative support to ensure all necessary paperwork is available.
- Open book costing to ensure target costs are met including initial quotes to ensure viability of project.
- Technical support to ensure product claims are legally compliant.
- Full research and development team to ensure product is developed to expectations.
All clients, and potential clients, are invited to visit our new design centre!
The design:Lab is a standard service offered to our core customers, but now also available to customers that do not produce with Le-Sel Research. Pricing is subject to quote based on brief and services required. Contact us now to enquire further.